My Blog List

Tuesday 6 September 2016

Moto Guzzi V7 Sport

Here are some pics of my first ever Guzzi purchased around 92' / 93'  I bought it from a chap called John who was,as you can see from the first pics, heavily into his Guzzi's at the time. He has over fairly recent years sold all of his  bikes,spares tools etc and now builds up vintage Norton singles from parts acquired at autojumbles.
My first viewing of what was to become my first Guzzi





The Guzzi lived under a canvas cover either in this unofficial car park opposite our flat
or out on the road

   I occasionally call in on him when travelling near his home close to Evesham though must admit it's been a few years since I did that .
    I think that I paid £1850 for it and a couple of years later I struggled to sell it for the advertised £2,250. This wan't helped by a number of other V7 Sports being offered for sale at similar money around the same time. I ended up swopping it for a Guzzi Special at Jack Lilley's London.
  Even though I used it regularly (even through the winter) for my weekly commute to Coventry and it lived outside it was actually in a tidier more polished condition than when I bought it!

No comments:

Post a Comment