My Blog List

Friday, 2 December 2016

Triumph T110

My friend Pete likes a challenge and here is his latest which he bought earlier this year............or was it last year?.............anyway he's already started accumulating parts and the p/tank and other tinware is  at the welders waiting for some serious repair work.
   Here is a pic of it from when he'd just picked it up and the other pic is of the chap who owned it in 1963 who is still alive and living here in Bristol.
   The Frog Eye was another project that Pete was going to take on but he

has decided to sell it on............possibly striking a deal with the man who does the welding, who already owns a Austin Healey 3000 

Thursday, 1 December 2016


A lot of people make light of the so called 'Hipster' bike scene so heavily promoted by the likes of the Bike Shed etc. A lot of the criticism is of the brown slab seated bikes, but you can't take away from the fact that this 'scene' has  also brought out the creative juices of many.
. For me the seat unit on this BMW spoils it a little but overall I think it's very impressive with it's attention to detail, although I'm sure it'll have a hefty price tag putting it out of reach to many. 
   I think that the critics should take themselves along to the Bike Shed Show next year and dispel the myth that general public that visit all wear check shirts, have large beards and D H Lawrence haircuts etc.................a few do, most don't! You will however see bike builds that turn the generally mundane into something quite impressive and personally I still think it's the best Bike Show in the UK.


Wednesday, 23 November 2016

PALACE at the Exchange - Bristol

After missing out on going to see a few bands this year - Father John Misty, Lucinda Williams and K T Tunstall - Madelyn and I went to see the band 'PALACE' at the Exchange - a small standing only, 250 capacity - venue just on the edge of the city centre. We both really enjoyed the night including the half hour slot for the support band 'Ten Tonnes'

Sunday, 13 November 2016

Joseph J Jones

I came across this video just a few days ago and look forward to his album  - Gospel Truth - at some point in the future

Friday, 11 November 2016

Moto Guzzi Le Man 1 ............

............presently on UK Ebay and probably the most expensive I've ever seen at £18,980!

Thursday, 3 November 2016

Moto Guzzi Le Man / T3 850 cc Special

I met Mark well over a year ago at the local once a month Guzzi Club meet. He had a collection of parts - previously a T3 - that he'd bought off a friend some years before. I seem to remember that he said the bike had been stripped apart (inc the engine and gearbox completely disassembled) some 20 years previous. He'd bought some Le man cyl heads, barrels / pistons and a slightly rusty and dented mk 1 petrol tank.
   I went to see the collection of parts in his shed and agreed to take on the build. He had a vague idea of what he wanted it to look like although his thoughts changed from time to time here is the end result including some of what was involved along the way.

Just a small section but the frame took quite a lot of cleaning up
to remove quite heavy pitting

The crank sludge trap and behind is what came out.

Cheap foam to get a rough idea for a seat shape 

Seat base - standard leman I/II seat base/mudguard used as a mould

Well worth the effort involved to clean the frame!

Mark got the wheels built and tyres fitted at CWC but I was a little disappointed
by the polish left on the rims and clumps of grit (from the blasting)
left on the hubs

Stripped and p/coated calipers

A standard new loom with quite a bit of modification

The end result ...Sitting Pretty
Not a major reworking but just some subtle touches.
Still took some head scratching all the same!

After some deliberation and thoughts of short reverse cones
Mark decided to purchase a full new large bore Lafranconi system
and do they sound sweet!

Saturday, 29 October 2016

BSA Rocket 3

My friend Pete sent me this pic of a chap calles Gary
that he's recently met at work. This Rocket 3 had been in boxes since 1978 and is now one of his 'ride to work' bikes