My Blog List

Thursday 18 April 2019

Bicester Heritage Day

There's another Bicester Heritage Day on Sunday 28th April. Arrive in or on a pre 1990 'classic' and it'll cost approx £7 to get in per person. On foot or by car then it's around £11 per person. As far as I'm concerned this is still one of the best value car events you'll find.
   If you get the slightest enjoyment from looking at classic cars then you should really try and get to this event. All of the onsite workshops and car sales open their doors and that's plus all the cars that turn up.
 Here's a few pics from when I went 2 - 3 years ago. This event usually is only open for approx 5 hours (I haven't checked times) and I'd suggest allowing all that time to properly look round as the site is huge








4 comments:

  1. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  2. They've sold out for this April event and - unlike previous occasions - there will NOT be tickets available on the day, on the gate. This seems to be a lesson learned from the January event when the numbers were such that they looked to have become a victim of their own success: massive queues on entry and exit, food vendors unable to meet demand, etc. There's another 'super scramble' scheduled for June (slightly different format, I gather), and then October.

    I'd recommend following them on FB, or subscribing to their mailing list for news and ticket availability announcements.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Barry, Thanks for the info - must be all of my promoting of the event that's made it such a success..ha ha! The 'Super Scramble' is a lot more expensive isn't it - around £25+ if I remember correctly from a few years ago.

      Delete
  3. From what I gather, the 'super scramble' is another scramble but just a tad more organised, in as much as they schedule who can drive into the 'technical area' and when. Other scrambles I just roll my Guzzi in without asking.

    They have held a 'Wings and Wheels' airshow thing over the past few years which was a bit pricey.

    Anyway, I missed tickets for this one, so maybe I'll make my way to the Ace Café.

    ReplyDelete