My Blog List

Monday 16 July 2018

A Sunday morning spin to Bridgenorth

I tend to wake up quite early every morning and my plan is, if the inclination takes me, is to ride somewhere of a reasonable distance and enjoy some relatively quiet roads. It's been on my mind to get up into Shropshire for absolutely ages now and so that's what I did yesterday - up through the Wye Valley, Monmouth, Hereford, a quick stop off in Ludlow and then onto Bridgenorth. -  I haven't been to for probably 30 years - and where I arrived by 9am. A walk round for 30 - 40 minutes and a return via Cleobury Mortimer and back home to Bristol just after 1pm
Tintern Abbey in the Wye Valley



Ludlow
One of 500 listed buildings in this small town



Bridgenorth


Not a bad idea to have put a castle here
so you could see the neighbours coming

There'll be few blokes I know who'd
be happy with this sign outside a pub

Homeward bound and Clee Hill Common

No comments:

Post a Comment