My Blog List

Saturday 17 May 2014

Italian Bike Day - Cassington Oxfordshire

This small village just outside of Oxford used to host a 'Bike Night' when the numbers of bikes turning up regularly got to 2,000 +  I believe that this just became too much and so the Summer weekly meet came to an end. ?
   The' Oxfordshire riders group' still meet every Monday apparently at the Red Lion pub which is where today's event was also held
   As is the usual way it was mostly attended by Ducati owners and 'Monsters' seemed to be the bike of choice. However, there were a number of older interesting machines.
   What did surprise me, was the quite  large contingent of  Dutch owners and also noticed one Belgian plate and thought that I picked up another accent too
The rear garden of the 'Red Lion' pub




Aermacchi




MV

I don't think that I'd seen one before.
Moto Cimatti



Adam's S3 - Italian Motor Magazine -  slightly in disgrace as it has a mysterious
ignition fault problem


I believe that I heard the owner of this 900SS saying that he bought it in 1985 ?
for £1800 and that his mate on the Laverda behind paid £800 for that.
 Those were the days !

No comments:

Post a Comment