My Blog List

Sunday 28 June 2015

National Sprint Association at Westonzoyland

Spoilt for choice this weekend for things to do with the Sprint meeting, Somerset Bike Weekend at the Haynes museum, American car show today at Yate Rugby club, a gathering  /  run of 150 + Classic Cars just down the road from Yate at Chipping Sodbury and  the Grand National Race Meeting at Castle Combe circuit.
   Yesterday I chose to pop along to Westonzoyland to spend a couple of hours at the Sprint with a reasonably good ride through the Somerset countryside via Wells and Glastonbury.
  Early yesterday evening my next door neighbour gave me three passes to get into Castle Combe,but the weather this morning is pretty miserable and neither myself nor my two friends that I invited are quite so keen - not much fun riding or watching the racing in the wet.
   THE NEXT NSA Event at Westonzoyland is Sat/Sun 1st & 2nd August and it's FREE to watch.
 The one after that,the last for this year,is October 3th & 4th 









Too late with my camera as my friend Steve on his ZZR 1100
was too quick off the mark,hence the empty l/h lane.
He only got into sprinting 18 months ago and is totally hooked



Henry Body's 600cc Douglas
I believe he has achieved 110mph on it !

Henry Body himself  - 81,one eye,artificial hip and a pacemaker
and still very very quick.



Steve's other,more recently purchased, bike a Hayabusa.
He bought it from two friends who prepared and took it to Bonneville,
but sadly no racing took place -just a year or two ago - due to the week being a washout




No comments:

Post a Comment