My Blog List

Thursday 24 October 2013

Moto Guzzi S3

I had my friend Pete's Guzzi S3 here for a couple of days to service it - check valve clearances,timing and all oil's and filter and to take it for a Mot. Not sure why really as he is more than capable himself, but I think it was just a time factor.
He actually bought it off of me 13 - 14 years ago as a very low mileage (12,000mls +) but rusting hunk of metal looking like it had been pulled out of stream. 
Over the years he has piled on the miles as he uses it for commuting from Chepstow to Bristol all year round.
The clock might read 25,000+ miles (this is the original) but has had another fitted for a time which has another 25 -30,000 on it plus he has over the years had plenty of other bikes pass through his hands.
Not quite standard but who cares !


Ultimate Bike Paint of Keynsham paintwork has stood up well
as has the 36 -37 year old paint on the top yoke.
 


No comments:

Post a Comment