My Blog List

Monday 15 July 2019

Moto Guzzi Special and it's not a Cafe Racer

Finally on the road this build, for myself, was built from mostly a collection of parts acquired over the past 8+ years and the Suzuki forks I've had for over 20 - previously fitted to my touring bike. The only brand new parts that I've had to buy in the past 12 months are the silencer, 'Shock Factory' shocks absorbers, seat, Sasche ign, motogadget m-unit, nikasil barrels and some engine parts etc rings, cam followers, breather box and carb filters.                                                                                     The whole point of this build was to make the bike as light as possible and give it a riding position for comfort etc. Anyway on Saturday I called at a local Scrap metal dealers (no jokes please)and they kindly put the bike on their weighbridge. I knew the bike felt quite light but wanted to know exactly and was pleasantly surprised to find that it was at a weight that I'd hoped for. With approx 3 gallons of fuel in the tank - it only holds between 3.5 - 4 gallons - it came in at 180kgs / 397lbs - a modern V7 weighs 182 kgs dry and apparently has a wet weight of 198kgs (436.5lbs)
   I must say that the difference on the road is very noticeable and even in a straight line it just feels.......... different! Since these pics I have dropped the forks through the yokes by approx 8mm and bent the mirror stems down a fraction more - for looks I'd rather not have mirrors but as I get older   my neck doesn't turn quite as freely.....and and






No comments:

Post a Comment